- ONLY TEAM RESULTS count towards the trophy, so encourage your friends/students to be in it, even if they are beginners. Individuals are welcome and can win medals.
- Entry fee for each race is $38 ( Earlybird entry fee is only $28 before July 4th)
*Competitors (team or individual) who achieve a podium position at the SA Interschools can apply to enter the National Interschools Championships which, are held each year at Perisher or Mt Buller in early September. For information about Nationals go to AUSTRALIAN INTERSCHOOLS
Please call/text Kati on 0435 370 598 to discuss eligibility for Nationals.
For a snowboarding team you can have 2 or 3 team members, who must be from the same school and competing in the same school year division. The fastest 2 individuals’ times from each run are added together to determine team placings. You are still able to enter as an individual without a team.
For a skiing team you can have 3 or 4 team members, who must be from the same school and competing in the same school year division. The fastest 3 individuals’ times from each run are added together to determine team placings. You are still able to enter as an individual without a team.
- The races are run by discipline (Ski and Snowboard), division (school year) and gender. Perpetual trophies are awarded to the Champion School in four categories: Primary Girls; Primary Boys; Secondary Girls; and Secondary Boys. Team and individual place getters in each discipline / school year / gender division receive medals. Trophies are awarded to the fastest individual girl and boy in both skiing and snowboarding, for both primary and secondary.
- All races are on a course set with the gates (flags) set up for Giant Slalom. Competitors ski/board around the gates one at a time and their time from the start line to the finish line is recorded. Each competitor has two runs and the combined time of the two runs determines the placings in the race. Even if you fall and have a slow time, don’t worry because your time in the other run can still count towards your team’s result. It is important for you to finish the race, because less than the required runs will mean your team is disqualified.
- Girls can in fact compete in boys’ races but not vice versa. For example if your school has 2 boys competing in Division 3 Boys Skiing and just 1 girl skiing in that division, she can join her school mates in the Boys event to create a team of 3. Bear in mind that she will be competing in the boys race as an individual also, and not in the girls race.
When you fill in the entry form or do the on-line entry, it will ask you for school, year level, division, your gender and your discipline. It is very important that you enter your School Name accurately as there are schools in SA with similar names!! The team name for both ski and snowboard races will be “School, Division, Gender, A” for your first team in that Division / Gender, and then “School, Division, Gender, B”. On the form just state A, B, C etc depending on how many teams you have in that particular Division / Gender race. Kids can enter both skiing and boarding.Download the Rules
Race Entry FAQ
|School Year||SASKI Division||National (&other states)|
|Up to year 4||6||5|
The race courses provided by the very experienced team at Falls Creek Race Department are designed for any skier or boarder, whether they are an absolute beginner or have advanced skills, to have fun and race down the course at their own pace. If you are there for the whole of SASKI Week, by day 3 most beginners are quite confident and most compete in the competition.
Please look all over the website and check the downloads. If you still can’t find an answer then you can call Falls Creek Race and Events on 03 57581026 or Kati Wenk on 0435 370598
The opportunity exists for disabled students to be part of the SA Interschool Snowsport Championships.
Disabled Wintersport Australia (DWA) provides the opportunity for disabled persons to experience snow sports at Australian ski resorts. DWA offers a facilitator plus infrastructure at most Australian snow resorts, to assist disabled persons wishing to experience snow sports.
Sven Erikson 0406 367 899.